Character Art Mentorship
In this month long Mentorship, the artist will be mentored on how to approach creating characters with depth and feeling, utilizing clean forms, simple techniques and easy to manage material workflows.
We will start off the month long Mentorship by assessing your goals and current skill-set. From that jumping off point we will create a plan of attack that will elevate the specifics aspects of character art you are looking to grow in. Depending on your goals and your project’s specific needs, we will look at approaching the modeling and UV layout of an efficient in realtime character, discuss high to low poly baking processes, understand the rich variety of that could be used to bring your character to life and how to create those materials and color layouts in substance painter. We could also take a pre existing character you have and attempt to bring it up to the next level! At the end of the mentorship the artist will have explored workflow concepts and tools used by current AAA artists to create a high quality characters AAA games. Presentation of the characters will be handled in Marmoset Toolbag, where we can go over making a simple and clear presentation for your character to be placed in your portfolio.
- Duration - 1 Month
- Feedback - One On One Calls + Discord Community
- Skill Level - Beginner To Advanced
- Prerequisites - Some basic knowledge of 3D Modeling, PBR principles, Substance Painter, Photoshop, ZBrush, Marmoset.
- Stylized & Realistic Character Creation
- High & Low Poly Modeling / Baking Techniques
- Realistic Texturing In Substance Painter | Photoshop
- Highly Optimized Game-Ready Meshes With Efficient UVs
- Marmoset & Portfolio Presentation
- UV Layout / Topogun
- Photoshop / Substance Painter
- Marmoset Toolbag / VRay / Arnold