Weapon Art Mentorship
In this month long Mentorship, the artist will be mentored on how to approach creating realistic weapons that have an emphasis on functionality, easy to read, and feature strong storytelling through PBR texturing.
We will start off the month long Mentorship by assessing your goals and current skillset. From that jumping off point we will create a plan of attack that will elevate the specifics aspects of Weapon Art creation you are looking to grow in. Depending on your goals, we will look at approaching the modeling and UV layout of an effecient in game weapon, discuss high to low poly baking processes, understand the rich variety of materials found on weapons and how to create them using Substance, or take an existing asset and level it up with better modeling or texture techniques.
At the end of the mentorship the artist will have explored workflow concepts and tools used by current AAA artists to create a high quality Weapon asset for AAA games. Using Marmoset Toolbag the artist will learn how to take the Weapon asset and create eye catching renders and presentation layouts to make your work standout on ArtStation and social media.
- Duration - 1 Month
- Feedback - One On One Calls + Discord Community
- Skill Level - Beginner To Advanced
- Prerequisites - Some basic knowledge of 3D Modeling, PBR principles, Substance Painter, Photoshop, nDO, Marmoset.
- Realistic Weapon Creation
- High To Low Poly Baking Techniques
- Realistic Weapon Texturing In Substance Painter | Photoshop
- Highly Optimized Game-Ready Meshes With Efficient UVs
- Marmoset Rendering & Portfolio Presentation
- Maya Or Similar Modeling
- Substance Painter
- Marmoset Toolbag
Ethan Hiley | Senior Weapon Artist
Having contributed to 6 Call of Duty titles and presented at Substance Days Hollywood, Ethan is a well known and established Weapons Artist in the game industry with over 8 years of industry experience.
Ethan's passion for quality when it comes to Weapon Art is second to none. His tools include Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter, Photoshop, and Marmoset Toolbag.